Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Oh, the Wonders of Spray Paint

After completing my PB inspired, DIY, glass lamps, I had to find new homes for the old lamps. Who doesn't love a good game of lamp swithcher-oo! 


The more masculine of the two lamps {that's normal, right? to think of your lamps as female or male?} made its way to the antique dresser in the corner.

I really like the shape of this lamp and the white shade certainly goes a long way to lightening this corner of the room, but it still didn't feel quite right. 


Oh, the wonders of spray paint. A couple of quick, light coats of grey spray paint transformed the lamp. 

I choose grey because white seemed too predictable and I already have a lot of green in the room. Plus, it pulls some of the grey tones out of the bedding. Bonus. 


After the final coat, I sanded it lightly with 220 grit paper. I love how the details in the lamp really shine now - when it was dark on dark the details weren't quite as noticeable. 


So, much better. And all for the cost of a simple can of spray paint. 

I'm still working on the styling, but at least I got the picture hung. And on the first time, no less. I still need to go back and patch, sand and paint all my other nail holes. Boo. But, that does mean that the reveal is right around the corner.

Have a great weekend! 

until next time, 

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit