Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Garden Overages

While summer may be winding down, my garden seems to just be getting started. 

it may not look good, but it's working, and that's all that really counts

Just when I thought all was lost {before we left for vacation in late August}, we came home to find a surplus of veggies growing in the garden. I guess the excessively hot summer weather didn't do all that much damage after all. Yeah!


Not sure this image really does justice to the size of this zucchini. Once shredded, I had 12 cups of the stuff! Two loaves of zucchini bread and a batch of fritters {I used Martha Stewart's recipe, which was great} later, I still have 4 cups in my freezer. 


Check out the haul we pulled in last weekend. Jalapeños anyone? Good thing we like charred jalapeño tequila gimlets {check out the recipe here} around here. 


I came home from tennis practice on Tuesday night to find Mr. DD   cooking and canning chili jam {for a similar recipe click here}. That's right, my man is a canner. How cool is that?


How about you, any canners in the family?

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit