Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

The Mantel, Again.

As the seasons change, I'm always inspired to make changes in my home as well. Couple that with the upcoming remodel in our dining room and I was left searching for a new home for my starburst mirror. 


Actually, my SIL suggested trying it in the living room. And, boy, am I glad she did. 
Isn't it funny how sometimes all you need is a fresh eye? 
I wouldn't have thought to move my black painted mirror, seeing as I painted it specifically for that space. 


But, I am loving the pop of glam that it adds to the room. Not to mentioned the warmth from the golden tones of the metal. 
Um, yeah, good call Ash. Love it.



The cream, Asian-inspired urns used to reside on the dining room table. As did the autumnal toned bird duo. 
I just love creating a whole new look by using my own things paired in different ways. Happiness.


One of my other SILs once commented on how often I posted about my living room mantel - she's right - it is a reoccurring theme on here. Maybe it's because I haven't found a combination that I love enough to keep for the long haul. Or maybe it's because it's such a quick, easy, and affordable way to give your room an updated look. Whatever the reason...it's fun. And I love it.

So, tell me, who else likes to change their mantel seasonally or even more often?

linking in with:
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Fall Mantels @ Centsational Girl

until next time, 

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit