Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Christmas Dining Room Inspiration

Christmas is only 5 days away? Are you ready? 
We're doing fairly well, despite some pretty major hiccups. The cards are out, the decorations are up, the presents purchased and mostly wrapped, and the menus planned.


But, what I haven't started to focus on quite yet is the Christmas dining room. Since we just finished the reno on our own dining room and we're hosting this year, I'd love for it to really shine!
Of course, I added quite a few images to my Pinterest board in preparation. 


I remember pinning this picture last year, so inspired by the whimsical, non traditional tree in the dining room, of all places. I'd love to do something like this. Sadly, Mr. DD says 2 trees are enough and since I'm planning (notice the word planning - nope haven't sorted that one out quite yet) one in the playroom for the kiddos it looks like I am tapped out.


I'd love to really Christmas-up my new Craigslist hutch as well. Just like this inspirational image, I hope to have a holiday theme without completely relying on red. It's no secret that I love green, and this green and white looks so fresh and lovely and feels very holiday-ish. 


That being said, there's nothing wrong with a little red. I love the little trees with the red transferware. If I had these plates I'd be showing them off as well. 



Tablescapes have never really been more forte. But, this year I am taking my inspiration from these simple tables. Candles and greenery - just can't go wrong with the basics. Beautiful and festive.
Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend!

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit