Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Christmas Outside 2012

Another mild, but grey and rainy weekend here. Temperatures are scheduled to drop at the end of the week, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a white Christmas. Fortunately, all this mild weather has been great for tweaking our outdoor displays. 


See, wouldn't this picture of our house look so much better with a little snow on the ground? Yeah, I think so too. Soon, hopefully.

At least getting out the big ladder wasn't such a task this year, so we went ahead and hung wreaths in the windows and on the chimney breast. The last time we hosted, 4 years ago, we had wreaths in our windows and I've missed it since. So happy to have them up again. 

Taking inspiration from the last image in my inspiration post, I decided to pull out all the stops this year and do a bit of everthing. 
Garland - check


Sled - check


Tree - check

And, lights - of course, we have lights! Seeing the house all lit up at night is truly one of my favorite things of the holiday season. 


Happy to have the outside decorations complete. With everything going on this time of year, we're happy to have that checked off the list. I also tackled the Christmas cards this weekend (no, not sending ours out yet - still waiting to get them delivered!). And got a head start on the baking. 


How did you spend your weekend? Whatever you did, I hope you enjoyed. 

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit