Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Dining Room Windows

We've made some real progress in the dining room this year (love saying that seeing as it's only two weeks into 2013!) and I can't wait to share it with you. 


But, patience is the name of the game because today I'm only sharing our new window treatments. Truth is they came just before the holidays, I just never had a chance to share them with you. 


You may remember that I was slightly obsessed with painting the dining room a terracotta-ish coral color and that it took me forever to settle on a paint. In the end, I had a custom color made for me. {Read more about the paint, by clicking here.} Depending on the time of day, the color ranges between rose/salmon/terracotta. We're really loving it. Phew. 


So, when most people start a room redesign with a jumping off fabric that sets the pallet for the whole room, I did the opposite. Let me be the first to tell you, it's not the best plan. Finding a fabric to coordinate with the existing rug and the new paint color was no small feat. 
After what felt like ages, I settled on this fabric. In truth, I rushed it a bit and I got inpatient. 


When we first installed them, I was nervous. Really nervous. It wasn't love at first sight. It was more of a luke-warm like. But, they are growing on me and I've got a plan up my sleeve to make them a bit more youthful. 


And, just because I know everyone loves a little before and after, here's were we started

Hope you had a great weekend.
Come back soon to check out more progress. 

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit