Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Book Inspired Library Centerpiece

Part of working on our new library/playroom has been adding to our book selection. I know, I know...
trials and tribulations; 
life is rough; 
any excuse, right?
Anyway, any self respecting interior design blogger needs to have books that represent her passions, so I've been sprucing up my design book collection. One of my first purchases was Miss Mustard Seed's (Marion Parsons), Inspired You book. 


Her book, much like her blog, is full of positive energy, beautiful photography and easy to follow tutorials. 
The reason I am writing all of this? 
Because one chapter and photograph in particular really hit home with me and inspired our new library table centerpiece. 


It seems like such a simple idea. 
But, could I really just leave crayons, paper and coloring books out on the table? Could I handle it? 
And most importantly, would it actually encourage our little ones to do more coloring? Or would it be just another pile of well organized toys that get overlooked everytime the dreaded, "I'm bored" statement leaves their mouths?


Well, as it turns out...I can handle it. 
And, I actually find it kind of sweet. And, hold on to your horses, it's actually lead to hours upon hours of coloring. 


I've used a simple tray and two wooden bowls to organize our crayons, into what T calls the pretty and not pretty colors. A stack of computer paper, a book of construction paper and a couple coloring books round out the "vignette". 


I'm so thrilled that our plan to change this room from the breakfast room into the library/1st floor playroom is working out for all of us. 
Also, I just had to leave you with a view of our homespun Valentine's decor ... afterall, who doesn't like a couple gigantic hearts hanging from a chandelier?

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit