Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Window Shopping {Ikea}

Way back at the beginning of this year, the fam and I made the pilgrimage out to Ikea. At the time, we were looking to solve some storage issues, which resulted in this:


Yes, that's right. I joined the ranks of Expedit lovers. To read more about it, click here
But, like any good shopper I had an ulterior motive to our Ikea trip. Sourcing for future purchases. Come on, admit it. You do it too. Say you are just going for one quick thing, but secretly taking loads of mental notes for upcoming purchases. 


Like this sectional, sleeper sofa
I. Want. It.
But, it's a big ticket item, so it's on the list. You know, the list. Everyone has one. 
The one day, some day list.


Here it is folded out. Ah, all that lounging space, extra sleeping space and storage space. 
So perfect for family movie night in our basement family room. 

Now, if you think this is where you'll scroll down and see this couch in our family room, you will be sadly disappointed. It's still on the list...for now. 


Of course, while we were there we had to check out their natural woven chairs. It's a toss up between this one...


And this one
For me, I like the golden tone of this one, not to mention the price and comfort. 
Originally, I was thinking in our dining room, but now I'm thinking our new library. 
Put it on the list!


Speaking of the basement playroom, I'd love to see one of these gigantic maps on the wall. Or possibly in our upcoming office transformation. See, it's a good thing we didn't make a lot of these purchases, still so many things undecided. 


No trip to Ikea would be complete without a pitstop for lunch - gotta enjoy the Swedish meatballs. Yum!

After lunch, with my future purchase research complete, we strolled around taking in all the inspiration. 
Here are some of my favorites:


Although the lines of this chair are a little modern for my home, there is no denying that it's striking. Love the navy velvet!
So many possibilities - paired with a hot pink toss pillow or a pop of yellow. Umm...good stuff.


These wall organizational systems are great. In a kitchen, craft room, office or laundry room. Both sleek modern and more traditional options to meet your needs. 
Thought long and hard about where I could incorporate these into my own home. 




The options for kids rooms were endless. Loved the bunting panels, the striped blankets and the polka dot bedding. If I had to do it all over again, these would be great contenders. 


Speaking of bedrooms, I had no idea they carried an upholstered headboard. Next time we're in the market to update our guest bedroom, I think this headboard will be on the list. 

So, how did you like accompanying me on this virtual window shopping experience. Almost as good as the real thing? 

until next time, 

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit