Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

What I Am Loving this Week

Wow, I never knew how much I'd like this new series, What I'm loving this week. There are so many small details, events, things, etc that I want to share with everyone, but they never quite made it to whole post status. This has turned into the perfect way to gather and share them. So, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

This week I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest looking for inspiration, for both client work and myself. Spring is almost here and I've got a few projects up my sleeve.
Williams Sonoma

I'd love to re-create a wreath similar to this one from William-Sonoma. The bright yellow Spring flowers only stick around for so long and they would provide just the right pop of color on our green front door. Time to start planning...

Centstational Girl

I loved this post that came out from one of my favorite bloggers, Centsational Girl, late this week highlighting simple steps to mixing patterns. An interesting mix of styles and patterns is a great way to add a youthful vibe to any space. 

Houzz

I shared this article on great go-to wall colors on my Facebook page earlier this week. Everyone seemed to enjoy it so I thought I'd share it here as well. Who doesn't appreciate a good wall color recommendation, after all?

BBC GoodFood

Mr. DD made this Amaretti and Sultana cheesecake for our Easter feast. Let me just tell you, it was SO good. Everyone at the table said it was quite possibly the best cheesecake they had ever had. I felt real withdrawal after we left it with our dinner host and hostess. But, I take comfort in the fact that I know it was well loved at their house. 

Apartment Therapy

Speaking of updates for Spring, I'm also thinking of updating our entry foyer again. Ever since I moved out the sideboard and replaced it with a painted bench, the room hasn't really felt complete. Time to address that, I think. I love this inspirational image from Apartment therapy. I like the idea of walking in the front door and seeing a really unique and fun fabric to set the mood for the whole house. Project planning commence...

In other news, we are finally off on holiday next week. I can't wait to get a bit of R&R (yeah right, with kids!?!?) and do lots of brainstorming on these upcoming projects. See you in a week. 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit