Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

What We Ate

Thanks for all the lovely comments about our backyard patio and our first BBQ. It really was a wonderful evening - perfect weather and a perfectly blooming crabtree. Not to mention some seriously good food. 



I'm sure you've heard that you're not supposed to try new recipes out on guest, but I say... why not? So we did. And they all turned out great. Of course, I am willing to share so you won't have to risk it! ha.

I ran across this easy, no kneading bread recipe on the Polished Pebble last week. As you know, Mr. DD is the baker around here but when he turned his nose up at this recipe, I decided to try it out myself. 
It's so easy, even I could do it. You really must try it. In fact, I've already made my second loaf!




Next on the new recipe trial list was Pork Tenderloins with Balsamic Strawberries, originally featured in Southern Living magazine. Where to even start with this one? Bacon wrapped tenderloins basted with a reduced balsamic and strawberry preserve marinade, topped with fresh strawberries. Best of all, everything can be prepared and cooked in 30 minutes on the grill. Including the beans. Perfection. 


And finally, for dessert, we tried this Three Layer Berry and Brown Sugar Pavlova. We're no strangers to pavlovas in these parts, but this is the first multi-layered, cake pan baked, brown sugar pav we're tried and I'll tell you, it did not disappoint.

I hope you try some of these recipes at your next BBQ. 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit