Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Inaugural Patio Party

It's official. We opened our patio this weekend with an inaugural BBQ. Let the season of al fresco entertaining and cooking begin. 


Perfect timing, right? 
Considering I just pinned and posted loads of patio images. It's almost like I planned it. 
Don't you just love when it all comes together?
Since it was all looking so lovely, I decided to snap a couple pics and show you around. 



This year, just like in my inspiration pictures, I am trying to incorporate more bright colors and interesting patterns to give a bit of umph to our traditional patio set. 

For the party, I layered the table with two tablecloths - the top one is vinyl, which is so practical for outdoor entertaining. I also brought out a set of wooden folding chairs for additional seating.


In this corner of the patio, I have two spring chairs set up in the shade. It's the perfect spot to sit and sip a bevvy, while you're grilling.



This full sun corner, has two more chairs from our patio set and the firepit. Mr. DD loves a good, open fire and this pit has seen a lot of action over the years.

One day, I'd love to have some proper lounge furniture in this area. A pair of chairs, or loungers or even a sectional - ah, dreams. 



When the crabapple tree is in bloom, it provides the most fragrant canopy for our dining table. Truly lovely. 
The hanging lanters, are actually nylon (and solar!) and cast a nice subtle light at night. (find similar here.)

We tried a bunch of new recipes for the party and I can't wait to share them with you...tomorrow. 

Hope you had a great weekend.

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit