Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Saying Goodbye to Chicago: The House

We closed on the house today. It's officially done and no longer ours. Of course, I am sad to leave this little slice of our lives behind, but we are excited that the house is going to another young family who we know love it as much as we do. 


I grabbed a couple shots on my phone camera as the packers were cleaning up.  Walking from room to room checking cupboards, built-ins and closets, I couldn't help but think about all the little decision that go into a home. All the work and love.

How long did it take me to pick the fabric for those curtains in the living room? I remember being heavily pregnant, on the floor, cutting and pinning the panels. (check it out here



The kitchen, oh the kitchen. Finding the stove, and buying it a full year before we started construction, that set the tone for the whole scheme in the kitchen. Debating endlessly over the floor, which is still one of my favorite features. Unexpectedly finding the backsplash at Lowes, of all places. So many details, so many discussions - but they resulted in a kitchen we absolutely loved, hated to leave and will probably recreate again in the future!


The Big Girl Room. The first room that I designed from scratch. Tessa's transition room, out of the crib and into a real bed. Growing up. The memories attached to this room run deep. I can't even express them in words. 
Now that she is 5 she has her own opinions on what her new room should look like - it's going to be an uphill battle, that's for sure. 



The nursery. Both my little girls in here. So many nights rocking in the chair, willing myself to stay awake, while staring at the tree and my DIY mobile. (check it out here)

We loved this house, from the very first time we drove by and from the very first step in the door. We loved working on it and bringing it back to life. And, I've loved blogging about it every step of the way. 

Goodbye home, goodbye Chicago!

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit