Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

It's Fall Y'all

The date on the calendar and the leaves on the ground are telling me it's Fall, but these mild temperatures are keeping me guessing. I haven't even officially put my shorts away yet. Meanwhile in my former home of Chicago, it's snowing! Nonetheless, it's time I embrace my new State and get to decorating for Fall.
If only for the kids sake, of course.


In the front hall, our white ceramic pumpkins are a nice tell to the season. So important to set the tone of your home with a great first impression...I know, I know, I've said it all before. But, it's that important. Worth repeating. Do it. 

Side note: I haven't shared this space as of yet because the plan is to add wallcovering here, at some point. In the meantime, we've got partially primed walls. Don't be jealous.


The breakfast table sports a gourd and acorn filled bowl complete with eyeball, our one nod to the upcoming Halloween holiday. You know it's a conversation starter and the first thing all 3 sets of guests commented on when we sat down to a meal. 
Get a little quirky. It's good thing.


Outside we added a couple decorative pumpkins and gourds to the front stoop. This year, I am diggin' all the different varieties available, for a change of pace. Fall and/or Halloween doesn't have to be all orange and black all the time. Mix it up. You'll be glad you did.

Happy Fall y'all!

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit