Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

The Good and The Not So Good

More hot pink for the hot pink bedroom. 



Remember our little inspiration board here? Well, I stayed true to our plans and even upped the anti by throwing in the promised hot pink duvet, thanks to a recent bedding sale at the Land of Nod
We're loving the shock of hot pink coupled with the subtle light pink walls. And that pop of a lagoon blue works so well to temper all that pink.
That's the good news. Now for the not so good news. 



I completely lost my nerve on painting our Craigslist beds a super fun color. I had intended on spraying them a similar lagoon blue to the shams, but I chickened out. 
What can I say, it happens.

Here's why:
I ended up striking a deal with the cabinet finishers from our kitchen remodel to have the beds lacquered. Spraying them myself in a lively blue would have been fun, but I just couldn't justify it when they were being professionally sprayed. I decided to pick a color that would last the test of time, just like the lacquer finish. 
And secondly, we plan to add an antique desk from my childhood between the beds when Tessa gets a bit older and I worried about the blue beds, wood desk and white dresser. 
So, white beds it is!



One thing is for sure though, the details on the vintage beds really shine now that they are lacquered white.
You know those pineapple finials had me at hello. 
But, I didn't even notice the bullseye detail until they were back from the finishers. Ah, the powers of paint...once again. 



We're so happy we upgraded Tessa's beds from her former Target headboards
(Speaking of, if you're local and interested in second hand target headboards, give me a shout!) 
There's just something about a bed with both a headboard and a footboard. More complete perhaps? I'm not sure.
But, late at night, when I check on Tessa, I just can't believe how grown up she looks in these beds. Our big girl. In her almost finished big girl room.

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit