Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

How to Glamorize Taxidermy

You probably weren't terribly surprised to see the faux taxidermy in our powder room. I all but ruined the surprise in this post.
But, I do hope I surprised you with the finish on our little guy.


Can you tell he has little gold antlers? 
Well, he does. 
It's pretty subtle, I know. But, that's what I like about it.
Rustic glam. 
He didn't start out this way though.


I gave him a little lovin' via a small jar of Liquid Leaf in Classic Gold. 
Honestly, I found the antelope head at HomeGoods for under $25 and I passed it up. I loved the shape and the architecture of the antlers, but the finish just wasn't right for our dark powder room with brass accents. That's when it dawned on me…with just an extra bit of attention I could get the look I was after at a very reasonable price, not to mention instant gratification in taking him home with me that day. Yeah, for small victories.


Here's a close up of one of the antlers - see, it is all sparkly, beautiful and glamorous. 
I wouldn't lie to 'ya!


Maybe one day I'll figure out how to get a proper picture of this glamorized guy in our dark powder room. But, for now, you'll just have to trust me when I tell you he really pops with his gold accents against the navy wall. 
So much so that I left the wall clear of all other accouterment, which is a rarity for me, but that's how much I love me some glammed up taxidermy. 

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit