Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Going Bold

I am so excited to share our new foyer paper with you today. 


You may remember that I blogged (here) about this paper way back when (July), before we even moved into this house. Truth is, I loved it back then. I was set on saving my pennies, biding my time and making it happen, eventually. Wallpaper isn't a small commitment after all.
Some where along the line, I chickened out. We primed the foyer in anticipation of painting. Then I changed my mind again.
I wanted it.


Looking at these images and living with the paper for about a week now, I am so glad we did it! 
It's bold. Really bold. 
It's changed the whole look of our home and raised the ante for the rest of our space. 
So, what's the moral here: listen to your gut, be bold in your decisions, take your time, and invest in what you truly love.


As much as we love it, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. We are two rolls short, the color run is sold out and the new run is on backorder. We have an unfinished wall crying out for more paper. I've learned some lessons along the way, which I'll be covering in more detail over the next couple of weeks.
But, what we do have, we love. Hope you do, too.

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit