Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Loving This Week: Lowe's Addition

Right now, I'm mid-air en route to what promises to be a fun filled weekend visiting Chicago family and friends.  But before I left I made sure to fulfill my DIY duties by stocking up on gardening supplies at Lowe's so John can finish off that garden wall (read about it here) in time for planting season. 
Usually, I wouldn't look to Lowe's (or other big box supply stores) for anything other than home maintenance and DIY supplies, which is why I was so surprised by some of the offerings in the garden center at Lowe's on my recent visit.


These colorful containers caught my eye as soon as we walked in the door. Offered in both a low oval and a taller round option, stuffed with succulents, they would make a stunning centerpiece for any outdoor display. 
Also on offer were other coordinating containers, pillows, outdoor rugs, cushions and umbrellas. 
Now you see why I had to share…



Candle filled rattan woven votive holders and/or industrial style lanterns would add beautiful ambient light for any outdoor event. 

I forgot to grab a picture of some of the many outdoor pots on offer at Lowe's, but there were several that I'd love to have in our garden including an authentic cement-look small scale pot that would fool anyone into believing it was 3x the weight and price! 


If you are a gardener and in the market for attractive garden structures to support any variety of veggie or fruit or climbing vine for that matter, Lowe's has got you covered. Last year I purchased hinged trellises from Lowe's that worked wonderfully (you can see them here), this year I'll be adding these conical, finial topped cedar trellises to support our tomatoes. At $17 these are a real steal. 
( I should say that this picture doesn't really do it justice. There is a cross shaped support bar that fits near the bottom of the trellis to create the pyramid shape. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to them online, sorry.)


While I was there, I ran through the lighting section in search of the elusive $45 fixture (read about it here), which sadly, I did not find. But, I did discover this outdoor scroll lantern that would look lovely as an addition to our back porch makeover. 


Before I jet off (pun intended) I have to give honorable mention to this industrial style sconce. How cute would these be flanking a bed in kids room or lighting a bunk. So many options. 
Next time you are running through Lowe's picking up lumber or paint or whatever your next DIY project entails don't forget to check out some of their other offerings.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit