Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Finally! A Bit of Inspiration for a Spring Mantel


I got back from my weekend in Chicago just in time to catch our cherry tree come into bloom. What a lovely surprise, especially walking home from the 7am school bus run after a boozy busy weekend.



Anywho, this beautiful sign of Spring provided just enough inspiration to finally tackle an update on our den mantel. Honestly, I've been in such a creative slump lately - this was just the kickstart I needed. 


Simple white cut-out containers, found at HomeGoods, stuffed full of Spring branches. The white blossoms I borrowed from our cherry tree, the twigs are a couple week old purchase from the grocery store. I didn't have much luck "forcing" them, but I love them just the same.



Tip: I filled standard glass vases with warm water and placed them into the HomeGoods containers, then added the twigs and finally accented with the blossoms. 

Why is it that every time I go to make two identical arrangements for the mantel, they never look the same? Nature's imperfect and so are my arrangements. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.


Happy Spring, y'all. 

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit