Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

It's fall y'all, part 2 {coffee table styling}

Like I said earlier, styling a coffee table can be tricky in the best of situations. So imagine the complexities of styling another coffee table within eye shot. It has to coordinate, but not duplicate the other table top, while still having its own character. It's complicated. But, when the styling bug bites…one must take advantage :)



So, I got to styling the coffee table in the adjoining den. 
You can see I followed my own guidelines by including a tray, stacked items and something living. I also, once again, balanced several finishes: the rustic with the modern and the natural with the metallics.


On closer inspection…you can see stacked books for height, topped with a set of fall hued birds. One of the many benefits of not having a TV in this room is the lack of height restriction on coffee table decor. An ongoing struggle in the living room…


Here we have a rustic wood carved tray and a pair of faux birch pillar candles. The disco ball and brass pot were added to balance all the natural rustic elements. And the feathers, well, they were added because they are just plain fun and make me think of autumn.  


I've included this picture because it shows off my favorite bowl - rustic wood carved bowl lined with shimmering capiz shells. It's the perfect balance. And perfectly sums up what I've been trying to say this whole time. Don't you just love it when that happens?

Happy weekend all!

until next time,

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit