Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

It All Started with a Pillow

Doesn't it just feel like you blink and it's Monday? I mean, where does the weekend go? Especially if you are out and about enjoying some of this lovely fall weather. Not that I was, instead I spent the weekend helping my parents move (insert mixed emotion face here)…but more about that later. After I get home. 
In the meantime, we've made a bit more progress in our little lady's room and I thought I'd share that with you today. 


So far we've found the bed and the sheets, added the bright quilted coverlet and the DIY pompom shams, but there's still more…can you see the changes? Just when you thought the bed couldn't get any cuter, I found another quilt to add to the mix.
Strolling the aisles of Marshall's I found the perfectly coordinating Tahari turquoise blue ruffled quilt in the clearance aisle. Adding the quilt to the end of the bed helps carry the color all the way from foot to head. It was a no-brainer.


Notice anything else? 
Yup, I splurged and purchased one quilted euro sham (remember the big sale at Horchow I posted on FB) to add into the mix. Now, even though just about everything on the bed was purchase individually and at different times, it actually looks like an intentional design. 


It's hard to believe that the whole bedding scenario started from the round turquoise pillow we purchased over a year ago. I remember thinking her room looked so sad, so unfinished (you can check it out here), I thought may be by adding just one fun pillow it would help. And I loved that color! Who knew a year later we would have created an entire design around that one colorful pillow.  


Loving this cute little lady bedding; don't plan to change a thing for many years to come. Now that's a good feeling. 
Next, I can't wait to move onto new areas of her room. We've carved out a tiny little play area that I'll share with you later in the week. 

Hope you had a great weekend!

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit