Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Fabric Fever

Wowzers, what a crazy weekend! Rain, rain, rain and power outages - that pretty much sums it up. Fortunately, we didn't have it nearly as bad as others so I can't complain too loudly; despite the fact that it did keep me from blogging and client work. Besides, who doesn't love an old fashioned family weekend playing board games by candlelight? 
Of course, that's not what I had planned to chat about today …what I had planned to tell you about was that something crazy came over me late last month. I don't know what else to call it other than, fabric fever. 


You know the itch you get when you have to make a change around your home, like yesterday?!? Well, it hit me and I had no choice but to roll with it.
 I've had these pillows in my "cart" on etsy for awhile now. There's no sugar coating it, they were a total splurge, but sometimes you just gotta do it. And I am so happy I did - they completely MAKE my old Ikea couch.


The Schumacher Chiang Mai Dragon in Aquamarine is everything (and more) I hoped it would be and Hollie from Stuck on Hue did a phenomenal job. She is such a pleasure to work with, I've even tagged her for a custom lumbar for my bedroom project. 


Of course I couldn't really call it "Fabric Fever" if I only added one new fabric to my collection, so I added this one, too. Animal prints are the new neutral, right? Some of you weighed in on this decision via Instagram and I sincerely appreciate that final push that I needed to give this very traditional chair a bright and fresh makeover. 
Yeah for simple changes! Amazing what a little change in fabric can do for your whole space. Give it a whirl.

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit