Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Front Porch Planters: Thanksgiving Bling

Now that Halloween has passed, are you changing your front porch scape? I am.

I'm not usually an advocate of purchasing new outdoor plants this time of year, but I couldn't pass up a good bargain at my local grocery; gigantic purple mums for $3.99 - time to change up the front porch again!


This time I opted for my wooden bushel picking baskets, which I lined with burlap and then a garbage bag.


I like this slightly more rustic look for Fall and Winter, and because the growing season has virtually ended I don't have to worry about the practicality of these wooden baskets. Plus the burlap ties in nicely with my wreath hanger cover.


Now, I don't want it to be too rustic, this is a holiday after all, so for some added bling I lightly sprayed pine cones with brass spray paint by Valspar.


Just a touch of bling

I added back my original ornamental kale, grasses, the mums, some gourds, the pine cones and a bit of grapevine - and here's what I came away with!




Really happy with how they turned out! And really loving the lightly gold dusted pine cones. I have a feeling I'll be finding them all over the house!

Linky Parties
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit