Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Christmas Vignette no 2 - the Mantel

The time has finally come to reveal my Christmas mantel. Can you tell I am excited? Have I mentioned this is my favorite holiday of all? And my favorite time decorate? And that it's snowing outside? And the carols are already on? Could it be better? I'm really not sure.


This years theme is greenery (obviously), pine cones, gold and a touch of red.
An ode to nature, revved up a bit!


I am fortunate to have a really deep mantel so I have a lot of room to play.
The greenery is mostly faux with a bit of real mixed in to fill it out and of course, to get that great smell!


My golden reindeer, from Michael's, is the centerpiece of the show; framed by the wreath, he provides a balancing point to my many golden pears.


The candles are from Crate and Barrel and add an additional bit of glamour.
The red berry garland brings a hint of color to the greenery and works well with the plaid on the tree bases.



The trees, from HomeGoods, help to balance out the bold reindeer centerpiece.


No full room shots just yet as I haven't finished decorating...for now, it's just the mantel.
 You'll just have to wait...

Tomorrow, I'll post a little something more on the wreath featured as the backdrop to the mantel.
Until then...

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit