Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Thanksgiving Mantel

I was so inspired by the little changes I made to my front porch planters that I decided to make some changes inside as well.

Where better to start than the mantel?


Carrying on with my golden rustic theme, I added touches of gold and balanced them with more rustic accents in natural brown.


From a distance, the mantel really sparkles with all the golden pears.


A little closer, the modern take on a classic cornucopia comes into view.


Pine cones and various dried Fall flowers and berries dusted in gold come together to create the cornucopia.


Large, rustic, natural acorns balance the two textures of golden glimmering pears.


A golden molten glass votive provides a little something extra.

Surprisingly, all the pears came from one large box of ornaments I found at HomeGoods. Talk about transforming the house on budget, 30+ pears for $19.99 was a deal too good to pass up. Plus, I love how the pear can be a great transitional piece - seasonal from Fall straight through to Winter. And if I decide I don't want them dotted around the house anymore, I can put them all on the tree. Bonus.

I'm definitely starting to get into the feel of the Holidays - Are you?
Lots more crafting and decorating coming your way!



Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit