Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

My TV Debut

Talk about surreal...

It all started about a week ago with an innocent email in my Designing Domesticity inbox. A producer from a local TV station was gathering information on Mom Caves within the Chicago area. A couple of days later we had a little chat over the phone regarding the segment they were putting together and the possibility of featuring my Mom Cave.

Original Mom Cave

Of course, I was immediately excited, but wasn't really sure if it would go anywhere... so I put it on the back burner and moved on.

Fast forward to Monday of this week when my phone rang during lunch - it was the producer and she asked to come to my home to film me and my Mom Cave on Tuesday!

Excitement overload - of course she can come, anytime, I squealled!

Two minutes later, I hung up the phone and the panic set in. My Christmas decorations are everywhere; my Mom Cave is over run with presents in various stages of organization and wrapping; we've just moved the furniture from the porch inside; essentially the house is in transition mode! Plus, I was scheduled to make my pinecone berry tree during nap time on Monday and Mr. Designing Domesticity was out for the night.

Obviously, I had no other option than to put my head down and get my work done - I wasn't even daunted by the power being out for 4 hours (can only wish I was kidding about that part)!

Mom Cave Tuesday


As it turns out, the filming was totally low key, the producer was lovely and it was all over before I even knew it. Here are a couple of shots of the goings on...


Even Tessa got in on the act...


Photos courtesy of Mr. Designing Domesticity

If you are in the Chicago area, the segment will be airing on the U around 8.12 AM on Thursday December 9th. Tune in...you know I will be!

Update: click here to view my Mom Cave on TV!
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit