Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

$16 eBay Chair Reveal

Yesterday I left you with my freshly slipcovered wing chair...



But I think we all agreed that it needed a more finished look.



I decided to fold the excess fabric under and pin with upholstery pins.
I love how this shows off the shape of the piece.

But I'm not done yet!



I decided to add nailhead trim.
Have you worked with this product yet?
It's essentially a roll of nailheads - every 5th nailhead has a hole where an actual nailhead can be applied. If you look closely you can see that they all connect, but it's a small price to pay for this type of convenience - at least in my book!



Maybe not every one's cup of tea, but considering this is just a slipcover and being only $17 - this was too good to pass up.



Here is the trim along the base of the chair.



And here it is along the curve of the arms.

Ready for the big reveal?

Just one more of the before!



And finally, the after!



Nailhead trim and upholstery pins help to give this basic slipcover a custom tailored look at very budget friendly price.

Thanks again Sarah at Three Boys for the inspiration.

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit