Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

$16 eBay Chair

It's true, I've developed a little bit of a love affair with eBay as of late.

You may remember my eBay dresser overhaul from a couple of weeks ago. Well, when I was clicking through to leave feedback on the seller another little item popped up and peeked my interest.

If you follow me on Facebook you've already seen a sneak peak, or perhaps you caught a glimpse in one of my posts from last week.

Here she is!

The fabric is in good condition, although slightly dated and the overall shape is nice; the proportions are a little smaller than anticipated, but for $16 I really can't complain.

I got straight to work with a slipcover I purchased online.



Like most slipcovers, this one required a bit of tweaking...but I have to say, slipcovers have come along way since I last used them.

I ordered this one online, it was marketed as a stretch twill by Maytex.


I must admit that when I first opened the package I thought it would go right back. It's soft like a nicely worn t-shirt and it has a very subtle stripe, that from a distance reads as a solid - neither of which I had anticipated when I ordered it.

But after a bit of tweaking it looked like this...

That's better.

I think it needs more though. Taking a cue from Sarah over at Three Boys, I think I'm going to give it a bit of the nail head trim treatment.

Stop by tomorrow for the reveal, that is if I manage to get it done tonight!


Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit