Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Saturday's Kitchen: Honey Mustard and Creme Fraiche Baked Chicken

It feels a little silly to be posting this from warm and sunny Florida, but I made it just before I left cold and rainy Chicago and it was a quick, easy, and comforting one pot. I just couldn't let this one slide without recommending it. I hope you enjoy it!



Ingredients
4 Tbs creme fraiche
2 Tbs grainy mustard
2 garlic cloves crushed
150 mls chicken stock
8 skin on chicken drumsticks and thighs
500 g baby potatoes
200 g green beans
2 Tbs clear honey
1/2 small bunch tarragon, roughly chopped

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the crème fraîche, mustard, garlic and stock with some seasoning. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in a roasting tray just large enough for the chicken and vegetables.
  2. Tuck the potatoes and beans in between the chicken pieces. Pour over the stock mixture then season the chicken and drizzle with honey. Cook for 40-45 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes tender. Scatter over the tarragon before serving
Cooks Note:
I substituted sour cream for the creme fraiche and asparagus for the green beans because I had both on hand.

As always, if you try it and like it, please do let me know.


Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit