Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

A subtle update to a wicker chest

It's all about subtlety these days, right? 
At least that is what I am telling myself after a revamp that didn't really meet my expectations.

Let me start from the beginning...

I've been looking for a piece to add to our screened-in porch that would not only add more surface space but also storage.


I first fell in love with this blue cabinet that I came across while thrifting on our road trip, but alas, there was no way it was fitting into our car so it had to stay in Michigan. 


Back home, I remembered this wicker (ok, not this one, per say, I forgot to take a before picture!) 4 drawer chest that I purchased as extra storage for the nursery when we lived in London.

So...


One coat of primer, two coats of Sherwin Williams Timid Blue (left over from the BGR project), and a coat of clear protective enamel later.


She has a new look.
Subtle, yes, but against a white backdrop I hope she will shine.

Tell me what you think?


Perhaps not the pop I was looking for, but still a change I'm liking. 
(Next time I guess I should pony up for some new paint.)

Accessorized with a vintage glass jug, iron and glass hurricane candle holder and a ball jar filled with fresh clippings...it's a lovely addition to our almost completed screened-in porch.


Here's a peek as the porch comes together.

Linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit