Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Thrifty Finds: Iron Wall Planter

As the kitchen details continue to drag on, I'm tackling some lower stress projects to keep the momentum going.

I picked up this beauty while we were on our road trip, in Holland, MI.


Lovely iron wall planter.

When I first laid eyes on this lady, I knew she'd be perfect for our screened-in porch.
A brief negotiation later and she was settled into the back of our car.

Time to get planting.


As with my patio topiary, I started by adding a coconut husk liner. 
This time I also lined it with a plastic bag to keep water drips at bay.

Then it was just a matter of selecting and adding plants.


You know I love a little green and white, but this time I decided to add a touch of color to tie in with my scheme in our screened-in porch.

I choose: a lady fern, flanked by red and green variegated coleus, white impatiens and white bacopa.


Here she is in her new home.


Just a couple more changes, and of course more painting and the screened-in porch will be back up and running.

I can't wait.

Linking in with:


Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit