Nursery Reveal

Well, it's finally time. I have been taunting you for weeks with all the nursery projects and hoping/promising a reveal before our little one arrived...And I've done it!

Our last delivery arrived yesterday and we officially finished the nursery last night. The sun came out this morning so I was able to get some decent pictures - it's like it was meant to be! 

Nothing like taking it to the wire though, in fact, as most of you read this, I will be at the hospital - hopefully having a smooth induction. Fingers crossed!

So without further ado, I welcome you to Baby E's room...

Now, as most of you know, our first little girl was born in London and her nursery doubled as a guest room - needless to say, it wasn't terribly over the top! 

We moved into this house when she was a little over one years old - and to be honest, we had bigger fish to fry than creating a cute nursery - so we painted the walls the color of her most beloved and cherished favorite stuffy and called it a day. 

If you'd like to see where we started, click here

With the announcement of this little girl, I knew I wanted to update our nursery and make it special for her.

First I added the painted tree mural and then the homemade mobile. 
You can read about both projects here and here

But, of course I couldn't stop there! 
My mind was spinning with all the possibilities. 

We updated her armoire using fabric and ribbon. 
You can read all about that project here

And of course, I had to add back the glow-in-the-dark sparkly stars! 
A special gift from Daddy never gets discarded.

The space between the window and armoire was looking a bit bare, so I created this simple artwork, inspired by this Land of Nod alphabet wall art.

I've had the alphabet cards forever. They first resided in the Big Girl Room but I got tired of re-sticking them every couple of days, so they came down and awaited their next purpose. Now they are velcro-ed in place and simply hung in a poster board frame. 

Moving on over to the other side of the room, I created a simple wall gallery above her dresser, which doubles as a changing table.

A feminine mirror, another little E, a frame which awaits a new family photo (but currently holds a scrap piece of the zig zag fabric from the armoire), a chalk/pin board, and a print purchased from Etsy complete the look. 

And before you go asking - No, we won't be sharing her name until she arrives. But I figured you'd enjoy guessing in the meantime. 

I hope you've enjoyed this little peek around our new nursery. I certainly enjoyed creating it and can't wait to meet the little lady that will be calling it home. 

linking in with:

Until next time, 
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit