Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas


In our entryway! 

You know how I feel about a welcoming entryway...so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I've started my holiday decorating in our front hall. 

Earlier, I shared some inspirational images with a rustic elegant feel, which is what I am trying to achieve this year. So let's see what we've got...



Natural elements:  check
Woodlawn creatures:  check
Golden tones: check
Deep red tones: check

And now a closer look at some of these fun elements...


Meet two of my favorite wooden reindeer, who have been moved out of the cold this year into the warmth of the front hall. Ready and eager to greet all who come by.



And yet another, this time golden, reindeer graces the entryway.



Paired with both fresh and faux greenery, natural and golden pinecones and a simple pine tree - this could be my favorite part of the whole vignette. 


And, of course, what Christmas display would be complete without a Santa! This is one of my favorites with his birch bird house and red cardinals - so festive!



I've also hung a faux greenery wreath coupled with a red berry and grapevine wreath - hung with golden and raffia ribbon. 


The golden, shimmery candle is simply wrapped in burlap and tied with raffia then placed in a hurricane atop more faux greenery.


And finally a sneak peek into the living room and the beginning of the mantel decorating.

Stay tuned as more of my Christmas decorating unfolds.

Linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit