Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

A Christmas Mantel

Earlier I shared my Christmas entryway, my dreams of rustic elegant holiday decor, and a teaser of my Christmas mantel. 

So what's the next stop on this holiday decorating train? 
 Like you don't already know!
The mantel, of course.

Anyway, let's take a peek to see what progress we've made.


Ah, there she is looking all festive. 

Let's move in for a closer look.


I went with another symmetrical approach this year, but focused more on the natural elements and included the stockings now that our oldest is old enough to request them :)

Believe it or not, the location of the stockings was the number one most asked question on last year's mantel. Speaking of, if you want to check it out, have a look here




Now back to the mantel.
 To the right I have one of my biggest Santa's - paired with my trusty birch wrapped candles. I swear, these guys may never leave my mantel - I just love them too much! 
Are you sick of them? I'm not. Obviously.


This year, the greenery is punctuated with pinecones, red berries and raffia only. No need for additional bling, as nature takes care of that all on it's own - you've heard the expression natural beauty, right?



To the left, I have a trio of trees. My pinecone and berry tree from last year and this year's new addition, the birch wrapped tree. 

If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that I saw this tree over at Alderberry Hill's blog and immediately feel in love. I set about duplicating it just as soon as I could - that's the highest form of flattery, in my opinion!


Have I mentioned how much I love to decorate with pinecones? This time of year they are literally everywhere. I know some people find them hard to work with, but not me. Love them!

The raffia was an unplanned, last minute addition - sometimes these are the best types of decisions. I love how it lightens the whole feel of the mantel. 


So there you have it. The mantel in all it's glory.

Don't go too far; I've got more planned - like the tree, for instance. And, of course, you can't forget to decorate outside!
I've also got a tour planned to catch a glimpse at all the little bits of holiday strewn throughout the house.

So much to do, so little time. I do LOVE this time of year.

Linking in with:

Until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit