Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

A Fall Welcome {front porch}

First, I'd like to send out a heartfelt thanks to everyone for the super nice comments on our master bedroom reveal. Like I've said to most of you, that revamp really tested my patience, but we are thrilled with the results and even more thrilled to be moving onto different projects around the house!


So, as the plans for our dining room start taking shaping, I thought I'd share a quick update to our fall front porch. After all, following the keys debacle, I kind of left you {and me} hanging with an unfinished porch. 


Well, upon my mother's strong suggestion, I replaced the rattan plant stand with our existing white wicker stand. Of course, it didn't help that every time the wind blew the fern fell off the other stand. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Onward and upward...


I found these great purple grasses at a local grocery for a steal. They helped set the tone for the whole porch. Of course, you know how I love using purple for Fall anyway. But this year, because the cooler temperatures seem to be coming earlier and I'm not quite ready to give up the idea of warmer days, I decided to incorporate a bit of yellow. 


Yellow mums and purple sweet potato vine fill out the planter. I'm really loving the bright yellow paired with the darker purple - it's a fun combination that's working for this transitional season. 


Happy Fall ya'll!

linking in with:
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit