Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Master Bedroom Reveal

I think I have officially dragged this project on long enough. It's time to call a day on the revamp of the master bedroom.


I've shared a lot of the projects along the way. Showing little snippets of the room here and there, but it's totally different when it all comes together. Don't you think?


It all stared with my quest to add additional storage, which lead to the sourcing and painting of the two matching dressers turn nightstands.

Then, of course, I had to rearrange the furniture to make room for the two dressers. And switch closets with Mr. DD.



Finding a spot for the loveseat was an ongoing challenge in the layout of this room, but we finally came up with a location that works well. I miss having all that space to throw my clothes at the end of the day, but fortunately our little musical chair routine gave me a new spot to showcase my laziness. 




Anyway, the newly painted white dressers made me want to lighten the whole room, so I set about finding new bedding. Pottery Barn clearance shams, TJ Maxx duvet, and a homemade pillow rounded out the new look. 


And you can't forget my PB knock off lamps. Still loving those and the updated feel they bring to the room. 



The now infamous restoration of the Danish chairs will hold a special place in my heart. To date, the most commented on (not all nice, by the way) post on my blog. 


The vanity was another fun project. Glue gunning the vanity skirt - high class, all the way. Organizing my jewels and creating the hanging necklace board. And of course, creating my relaxed, faux roman blinds


The list seems to be going on and on - no wonder this project took so long! Funny how you can forget exactly all the work that went into something. Thankfully, I've got this blog to remind me. ha!


I have to say, as much as I enjoyed re-working our bedroom, I am super excited to have it done and finally be able to move on. 


Hope you enjoyed this transformation as much as I did. 
For before pictures, click here.

linking in with:
Met Monday
The Girl Creative
Wow us Wednesday

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit