Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Musical Chairs

"I thought of a new place for your chairs", my very excited Mom exclaimed when I picked up the phone a couple of days ago. 


I didn't even know I was looking for a new home for said chairs, but ok, I'm open to suggestions. Let's hear it. 

"In your bedroom, next to the bed", she says. 


Hmmm. Interesting. I do already have two chairs and a loveseat in my room, but I don't have anything next to the bed. And I do miss having that little spot to throw the 'I'm too lazy to put my clothes away at the end of the day' clothes. 


So, in one chair goes. Add a borrowed pillow from the loveseat...and we're giving it a try. 

Mr. DD walks in and says, "what's this doing in here?" His tone says, 'it looks ridiculous'. 


But, I kind of like it. A bit of an unexpected twist, which I really do believe every room needs. Otherwise, it just starts to look too designed. If you know what I mean. 


I also like how the chair acts like a mini divider from the bedroom and the dressing area. 

You guessed it - the chair is staying, at least for now. 
One never knows what the future will hold. 
Plus, with fall in the air, I've now got an excuse to update the front porch. Always love a good excuse. 

Thanks, Mom, for your chair brainstorm.

linking in with:

until next time, 

Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit