Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Christmas Mantel Inspiration

December 1st is right around the corner, which means Christmas decorations are coming out of hibernation around here.
In fact, I'm almost feeling a bit behind as most of our neighbors already have their trees up and decorated! 

pinterest, via

via

First up, on my decorating list, is the mantel. I think it always sets the mood and tone for the rest of the decorations. 
It's so easy to fall into a rut and do the same thing year after year. In the hopes of keeping it fresh, I did quite a bit of research this year. Just check out my Pinterest board for proof. 

via

via

This year, I'm hoping to keep it fairly natural looking. No Santa, candles or any other type of embellishment (within reason). Just greenery, really. The trick will be keeping it interesting and not just one dimensional. Tones, textures and height will all play an important role. 

via


Cottage and Vine


You have to admit that the natural look is so beautiful in it's simplicity. Perfect for this time of year. 
I'm off to get cracking on our mantel. Trial and error, that's the name of the game. And sleeping on it overnight.

Check out my mantels from 2010 and 2011.

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit