Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Entryway Plans and Inspiration

Before I get into my plans and inspiration for our next project, I just want to take a moment to say how saddened I am by the events that took place at the Boston Marathon. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all that were effected. 

***
Thanks for all the sweet comments left about Katy's 'G' collection in her entryway. I knew you'd love it as much as I did. Everyone knows the entry is your first chance to set the tone for the whole house...that's why I love what Katy's says about her and her family. So much so, that it got me thinking about our entryway. 

Christmas 2012

Our entryway has undergone quite a few changes over the years. Just before our dining room remodel, I moved our large sideboard to the front hall - I loved it here, but the consensus was that it was too big for the space. After the remodel, we moved the harvest table (which had been our media stand) into the dining room, and the sideboard became the new media stand. 


Once again, I found myself scrambling to fill the empty space in the front hall. This is what I came up with....interesting, to say the least. A bench and a chair, a bit redundant don't you think? Plus, I was using the bench as a makeshift table because I couldn't bare the thought of not using a table lamp. I'm sure you know my feelings on overhead light - avoid at all costs!


Needless to say, it's time to give this space some attention. Naturally, it's off to Pinterest I went (you can check out my board here).
Because I'm always keeping budget in mind, my plan is to use a lot of the existing pieces in place - namely, the bench, rug and coat rack. The big changes will come in through placement, fabrics and patterns. 


I want my new space to say something about me, specifically, and what I am loving now. A great mix of unexpected patterns and colors. Working to bring a youthful edge to a lot of my existing, very traditional items.

source unknown

I have no idea how long this project will take because it comes down to finding just the right pieces. Wish me luck! I'm excited to get started and make this space my own. 



until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit