Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Forsythia Wreath How to

We, like most of our neighbors, spent the better part of the weekend cleaning up after the floods. I'm happy to say that things are getting back to normal around here. 

So much so, that we actually had some decent weather today - which got me to thinking about sprucing up our front door for Spring. Maybe you remember my inspiration wreath I posted a couple of weeks ago. I had every intention of following through with this idea - I went to Michael's and picked up the stems. At 50% they were a relative bargain.



Then, I came home and held the stems up to the door to show Mr. DD and he said, I like it like that - everyone does wreaths, why don't you do something different. And so, this idea was born. Sounds so dramatic, right?!? Well, the reality is this couldn't have been simpler.



Step 1. Collect your stems, group together and attached with floral wire.

Step 2. Wrap base of stems with burlap ribbon.

Step 3: Create a burlap bow (loved this tutorial from Thistlewood Farms). Attach to stems with floral wire. 

Step 4: Form hook out of floral wire and attach to the back of the arrangement. Hang!


Loving this bright pop of color against our green door. It just screams Spring and I'm embracing it.

Hope you had a nice weekend. 

linking in with:

until next time, 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit