Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Porch Opening

What a wonderful weekend! Despite the predicted rainy weather, we managed to have two beautiful days that we spent entirely outside. We made lots of progress in the yard and garden and it's starting to look pretty good, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to share it with you.


In the meantime, I thought I'd share the opening of our screened-in porch. Not much has changed out here since last season, but it's such a happy space that it's one of the few rooms I don't want to change all the time. A new, but nice feeling for me.


The furniture and pillows are basically the same. Green and white, which feels so fresh to me, with a couple pops of coral. Most of the other accents in this space are plants.  


I like to bring my house plants out to the screened-in porch this time of year, before it gets too hot. My umbrella tree is really happy in this sunny corner.  


I also moved my never-ending centerpiece outside. The primrose are loving the cooler nights and really thriving. 


I've had this spider fern for almost 4 years and it's still kicking it. Hard to believe. 


I filled the wall planter with succulents, ferns and geraniums. Surprisingly, these are the same succulents I had on the patio last summer. They spent the winter in the living room and I'm trying them on the porch this spring, hopefully they will continue to thrive. 


Even though the nights were chilly, we still managed a little cocktail hour on the porch. One of my favorite spots this time of year. Especially tonight while we enjoyed the view out to the yard and all the fruits of our weekends work.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

linking in with:

until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit