Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Personalizing a Foot Stool

If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that my planned craft for today was foiled. I had intended on making my own moss balls, but found them for sale at Michael's for a ridiculous $4.99 - no way to beat that, so it was time to fall back on Plan B for this week's craft.

Enter the $8 foot stool

This is one of those projects that has been on the back burner for quite some time.
I picked up the stool at a local antique market for $8 this past Fall - the plan was to paint, stencil and distress it.

First a coat of Valspar Jade.


20 minutes later, a ring of Valspar Bronze (left over from the golden pinecones).


20 more minutes, an allover coat of Valspar Sky Blue.


1 hour later, a light sanding around the edges to reveal some of the various colors.


Time to stencil (left over from the BGR, for a tutorial, click here).

At this point, I let it dry overnight then went back in for another light sanding.

Getting angled, zoomed in, shots of distressing is really hard! Here are a couple of attempts:









I think you get the idea!


And here she is all settled into her new home. I'm loving this pop of color in our powder room. And I have a sneaking suspicion that my daughter will help bring the distressing to a whole new level!

Not bad for a first time distresser - wouldn't you say?

Until next time,



PS. if you'd like to follow me on facebook, click here. Or just become a Google friends follower in my sidebar to the right.
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit