Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Simply Embellished Window Treatments

I'm still slowly plowing through our long list of wants in the guest suite. For a reminder, click here.

This past weekend I decided to focus on the window treatments.

Here's where we started...


I picked up this valance from a big box store shortly after we moved in. I never really loved it, but the price was right, so it came home with me.

When we decided to update our guest suite, I knew the valance would be one of the first things to go.

This whole project kicked off due to my local Crate and Barrel closing - they were literally selling everything in the store. I managed to pick up a display curtain rod and rings for a bargain basement price.
It was a sign - time to start in on the curtain project.

You may recall this photo from my sink skirt post last week.

Target curtain panel in natural linen.

As you may expect, I used Stitch Witchery to create a one inch hem across the bottom. Easy. I hung the curtains, stepped back to take a look and thought - BORING.

I definitely needed something to take these curtains up a notch.

How about this...

Upholstery webbing
It's natural, slightly rustic, with a slight French feel to it - perfect!



I won't go through all the ins and out of attaching this, because we all know I used Stitch Witchery. And to be honest, you're probably getting sick of hearing me sing it's praises!

But I will tell you that I doubled up to ensure a secure hold and I left about an inch at the top and bottom to fold over and secure to the backside of the drapes.


So, what do you think?



Are you diggin' this little something extra - a bit more texture and interest?



It's subtle, but still enough to be interesting, right?

Of course, I love it.

Let's hear what you think?


Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit