Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

How I'm decorating around our MONSTER television

When we opened up our breakfast room to our living room our large harvest table had to be relocated.
It was quickly re-purposed as our TV stand.


The proportions are much more in keeping with the MONSTER TV that my husband brought home as a 'surprise' shortly after we bought this house. 

Plus I love that it provides extra space to decorate around the TV. 

But where to get started - how can I camouflage this MONSTER??


The cable box is a must, unfortunately, so I choose a large scale bold lamp to draw your eye away from the ugly equipment. And you probably remember my little crown framed African Violet; placed slightly in front of the cable box to help hide it.


To the left, I placed a large scale plant as well as one of my favorite design accents - stacked books (dust jackets removed, of course)!


A tray to catch all those pesky remotes finished off the tabletop accessories.



And what about all that empty space below the table - not to mention all those cords - an over scale basket, flanked by large speakers. Of course, the speakers aren't my first choice, but they probably won't be going anywhere any time soon. 

I do have an ottoman in need of recovering that might look nice and work for extra seating...we'll see about that one.


So there you have it. 
Not exactly hidden, but a lot better than the before, right?

Linking in with WOW at Savvy Southern Style.

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit