Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Wing Chair Re-reveal


If you follow me on Facebook, you may have seen this photo and the promise of a reveal featuring it.

Not one to disappoint, I'm ready to share.


It all started when we went in search of the green trim, which we later applied to the Sherrill chairs. For more about that project, click here.

We also ran across this green nubby fabric in the clearance section, priced at $5.99 a yard. After a quick review of the sample at home, we decided it was too good to pass up and purchased 5 yards. 


Can you guess which chair got the update?

Oh, all right, I'll give you a hint!


That's right, it's my original $16 eBay wing chair.
Yes, it went from blue velveteen to a customized slipcover with nailhead trim, which you can read about here.

But the truth is, it never was quite right - the slipcover stretched and moved every time someone sat in it. It bothered me - to say the least. 

So when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped on board.


And I couldn't be happier with the results!

I hate to admit it to all the diehard DIY-ers, but I didn't do this myself.

I thought about doing it myself, but somethings are better left to the professionals. 


And like the fabric, I got a great deal on it.  Such a great deal, that it was worth driving it all the way to Cincinnati, Ohio over the Thanksgiving holiday to get it done. 


And even better when I found out my parents decided to treat us as a Christmas gift. 
Thanks again guys!


Ever since we put the chair next to the fireplace it's been the most sought after place to sit in the room, I have a feeling that's not going to change anytime soon!

Loving how this room is coming together!
And just in time for winter hibernation.

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit