Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Winter Mantel


The holidays are over. The decorations are down. The house is feeling a bit sad and naked. Time to sort out the mantel.


Something winter-y, but not too Christmas-y. 
And above all, I didn't want to have to spend a thing. Time to shop the house.


Candles always feel so winter-y to me, so it was an easy starting point. Funny, I didn't even realize how many hurricanes I actually had. 


The candles seemed a bit lost against the light wall color; I needed a backdrop, so I went with my favorite standby, seagrass. 

It's my first time using something a bit 'unconventional' on the mantel. I wasn't sure it was going to work, but it's growing on me and I love the color. 


I love to decorate with pinecones. These super-sized pinecones were part of my Christmas mantel, but without the greenery they work well as general winter decor. 


So much beautiful texture.


The wood shaving wreath made a reappearance and adds another touch of warmth.


The wooden reindeer lived on our dining room table during the holidays, but I think I might like him here better. For some reason, I really feel in love with him this year and I just couldn't bear to put him away just yet. 



Couldn't help but end with another shot of my beloved pine cones.

Hey, can you tell I got a new camera for Christmas? I know, finally, right? Learning more and experimenting with it daily. Hopefully it'll start to show soon! 

Linking in with:

Until next time,
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit